Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Searching for a Little Respect






by Dazia Ratliff

Washington Prep High School
11th grade
Women of Color in the U.S.


I picked this passage because I'm sure most girls can relate to this story. Most boys call out to girls like "Aye, girl/shawty let me get your number," or they will start to whistle to you just to get the girls attention. i strongly feel that if men, or boys learn how to treat and respect women then maybe the ladies will go and talk to them. It's called RESPECT, they always the first one or really quick to call us out our name, for example like a "b****" or a "h**"or something negative. But, they get upset when we decide to call them a jerk or something and walk away when we feel like we are being, what i call DISRESPECTED. I think in order for them to get RESPECT from us they have to show us RESPECT first. I don't think that's too much to ask for. Sometimes men decide that they can either hit you or you can do whatever they tell you to do... I feel that's disrespecting women as well if you put your hands on them. Its so easy for somebody to say"oh what did you do" and they think that we made him hit us. I dont think that's right.  Men should respect us in order for them to get respect back.

No comments:

Post a Comment